Do you have what it takes to be a part of the SDSU MHIRT program?
The SDSU MHIRT Program is always interested in receiving applications from exceptional candidates. In addition to meeting the below criteria, we are looking for applicants with a high level of emotional maturity, professionalism, and dedication to improving the research and outcomes of populations affected by health disparities post matriculation.
To be eligible for the MHIRT program you must, at minimum, meet the following criteria:
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You must come from an NIH specified minority group underrepresented in biomedical research. (Please visit our Program Overview page for more information).
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Undergraduate applicants must have junior or senior class standing at your institution. Previous undergraduate research experience is highly recommended.
- Master’s students must have previous research experience in the area of our MHIRT training programs.
- You must show a commitment to pursuing a career in research, public health, or another field , focused on health disparities.